The websites listed here are other sources of information that you may find helpful, separated into categories. Please note that. Adoption UK does not endorse or advocate any of the organisations listed.
- Adoption - General
- A list of sites that are generally relevant to adoption and fostering. Information on adoption certificates and counselling is included, as well as links to support for adopters and foster carers, and a major research centre.
- Organisations and links that relates specifically to England, including the Adoption Register and the Independent Review Mechanism.
- Northern Ireland
- This page lists websites with specific relevance to adopters and prospective adopters living in Northern Ireland, including how to obtating adoption certificates.
- Information and services specifically targeted at adopters in Scotland, including legal advice.
- Sites that relate specifically to adopters and prospective adopters living in Wales, including the Adoption Register and a directory of support services for families.
- Health and Disability
- Sites covering a wide range of issues related to health (physical and mental) and disability, for adults and children. Includes information on infertility, claiming Disability Living Allowance and learning disabilities.
- Resources relating to education, including information on admissions, special educational needs, dealing with exclusion and statements. We also have several websites providing extensive information on home education, providing information on the legal aspects of educating at home, as well as resources to help parents who choose this route.
- Intercountry Adoption
- This page provides resources that cover intercountry adoption, including where to find out more information and avenues of support.
- Post Adoption Support
- A list of organisations that provide post adoption support services in different parts of the country.
- Legal Advice
- Where to get advice and support on a whole range of legal issues, from family rights, to the criminal justice system. Also support over false allegations and CRB checks.
Page 1 of 2
- Show All